Thursday 19 April 2012

THREE GHANAIAN GIANTS VISIT


THREE GHANAIAN GIANTS VISIT


The past four weeks have been very busy times for us.

1. On 16th March, 2012, my elder brother, Joseph Adade passed away in Brussels, Belgium. “Daddy Joe” as we affectionately called him, was a Lecturer at Jasikan College of Education. Four years ago he moved to Belgium to join his wife. After a protracted illness, he passed away peacefully at age 62. He was interred in Brussels on 31st March.

Some COP National and Area Heads in Europe. On behalf of our Family Head, Abusuapanin EKT Dofuor and myself, we express our gratitude to these gallant men of God and the congregations they represent for the great assistance they extended to us during my brother's funeral.

 In typical Church of Pentecost solidarity, all our National Heads and friends in Europe rallied around us and did what I could not do to give my brother a fitting farewell. We are grateful to them all, especially Evangelist Samuel Asiamah, COP National Head of Belgium who hosted the ceremony.  

Mrs Martha Ntumy, left, being interviewed by Sister Peggy Donkor
Rev Ntumy, flanked by Sis Peggy Donkor, left and Mrs Martha Ntumy

2. Between 15th March and 4th April, we were delighted to host the nationally renowned Peggy Ama Donkor, the Southern Ghana News Coordinator of Ghana Broadcasting Corporation who now doubles as Acting Manager of PENTMEDIA. Peggy is doing a documentary on all COP Chairmen and she traveled here to interview me, my wife and our young children, Mike and Joanna, for that purpose. 
Rev Ntumy and Sis Peggy Donkor in an interview session

Sister Peggy Donkor in an interview session with Dns Grace Sanders.

She took advantage of the visit and also interviewed Apostle Sampson Ofori Yiadom and Pastor Eben Quaye, National Head and Secretary respectively of Germany as well as Dns Grace Sanders, Deputy Women's Movement National Leader for an in-depth focus on the church in this nation. 


Elder Nana K Gyasi, left, with Rev Ntumy
3. Our blessings continued to overflow as we joyously welcomed Elder Nana K. Gyasi, Ghana’s famous “King of Iron Rods” who visited us between 4th and 10th April.
Nana, an old friend of mine, had kept in constant touch with me and nursed the desire to see me. Like many others, he expressed great joy at seeing me, insisting that my condition was far better than they had imagined. He helped in any way he could---with my standing, bicycle riding and pulling exercises, constantly reminding us that he had come to serve.

Elder Nana K. Gyasi, right, seated with Rev Ntumy in Hamburg Central Assembly


Rev Ntumy, left, with Elder Gibson Annor Antwi, Registrar of Pentecost University College, Accra, Ghana





4. Currently visiting is Elder Gibson Annor Antwi, Registrar of Pentecost University College and first Chairmanship of the Committees of Registrars and Finance Officers of Private Universities in Ghana. Elder Annor Antwi, who arrived on 15th April, also came to interview me for a book-writing project he is currently undertaking.
We cannot fully express the level of our gratitude for such visits or our sentiments of camaraderie from the sweet fellowship renewed in us. We are more than grateful.
 







Elder Annor Antwi, left, with Rev and Mrs Ntumy





















Please,
Keep praying for us;
Keep calling whenever you have time;
Keep coming if you are able.
God bless you again and again.


6 comments:

  1. Mike you are such an encouragement. It is great to read how God continues to use you to minister into the lives of others through your books and through your blog - to say nothing of your ministry to your visitors.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mama Trish,
      I have been greatly encouraged by yourself since our days together in Ghana. We are the LORD'S and we must serve Him in both good times and bad times. My personal philosophy is, "I will let my prayers and my writings reach where my feet cannot take me now" Pray with me that the gift of writing spring forth within me to continue to serve the Body of Christ.

      Delete
  2. Greatness is certainly not the absence of challenges and difficulties. It is rather, our matured reactions to mishaps and the demonstration of resilience undergirded by faith in the face of negatives. Papa, This is Eld Osafo. I used to call you regularly when i was in Norway for my PhD but lost your line. Glad to see that even in the midst of your trials, heaven continues to release abundant grace which is impacting many other lives. I shall soon see you in Germnay. Stay blessed.

    Eld Osafo (tel 0244296435; mail: josaforo@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant, Elder Osafo. Your statement deserves a bona-fide place in the loftiest of literary works. I wished I could get everybody to read this.

      Congrats on the successful completion of your PhD studies. Hope to see you soon. BLESSINGS

      Delete
    2. Papa!! We the saints of God give God the praise for all what he has done, as I was going through your blog this is what the holy spirit drop into my spirit . Your are like Paul of our time, remember that the God who brought you out of Liberia, and sustained you through the two terms of your chairmanship will continue to build a hedge of protection around you .God never fails
      Dorcas
      USA

      Delete
    3. Dear Dorcas,

      Warm words of inspiration and comfort. To your wishes and prayers I say, AMEN and AMEN. May God bless you too.

      Delete