Saturday 7 April 2012

EASTER MESSAGE: BALANCING THE EQUATION OF GOD'S LOVE



One of my classmates in College hated Mathematics like Hell. Topics like Simultaneous and Quadratic Equations often sent him running wild. The usual task was “balance the equation” with the right side of the equation being equal to the left. Anytime my friend could not solve an equation he would throw his hands up and say, “O boy; an unknown variable has entered the equation, making it difficult to be balanced.”

Admittedly some Lecturers and Professors set questions which are so difficult that students wonder whether such teachers expect those questions to be answered. The good news is that God’s equations are not difficult to answer; in fact He provides the answer and explains the rationale.

Consider this: “…We are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.” (2Cor. 5:14, 15 NIV)

The issue was that ALL of us were condemned to die. In the sight of God we were already dead. Jesus however stepped forward and offered to die in our place. His death was actually our own death; we should have died and He should have been physically alive. Instead we are now alive and He was the One who rather physically died

On the equation scale, there is a clear imbalance. The scale has tilted too much towards the divine side. The Substitutionary nature of Christ's death has proved to be a kind of love far above our comprehension. There is nothing we, as Christians, can do to balance the scale. In fact, God does not require us to do anything extraordinary to balance this scale of love.  

Whereas nothing great we do can balance the equation, God has ordained that it should be balanced by one simple requirement: that we, who are alive, SHOULD LIVE FOR HIM ALONE.

Well, I hope I did not bore you in trying to explain theological issues in mathematical terms.

Living for Jesus---in holiness and righteousness, and being involved in Kingdom business---should not depend on what He does for us or any such thing. We live for Him because it is the right thing to do; because He died for us; because it is the only thing to balance the equation of love.

As we celebrate Easter, may we always remember this equation: Jesus died in my place that I should live. As I now live, I must live for Him ONLY.


I WISH YOU A BLESSED EASTER CELEBRATION FILLED WITH THE POWER OF THE RESURRECTION.

4 comments:

  1. This new LIFE and the new FREEDOM I have acquired is to motivate me TO LIVE (AND IF POSSIBLE TO DIE) FOR HIM ALONE.
    He paid the debt, he did not owe. I owe the debt I could not pay. I needed someone to take my sins away. Now I can sing a brand new song: Amazing Grace. Christ Jesus paid the debt the I could never pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He died that we might live. Our living must be entirely dedicated to Him.

      Dying for Christ, in my opinion, is easier than living for Him. The former happens in an instant, the latter takes a lifetime!

      Halleluia.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the message. In all things give thanks. I know with a cheerful heart you posted this message and with a cheerful heart i appreciate God for whatever situation you are in now as long as faithfullness is the foundation.

    Yes we should live and live alone for Christ and for you i believe a crown will be your reward as per Aps. Gyimah's teachings of eschatology.

    I used to give some reasons for your predicaments, but i know my thoughts are not that of our Jehovah God and believe you are still my Apostle Ntumy. God be with you in all things. Amen

    Dcn. John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I...believe you are still my Apostle Ntumy."
      Thank you John for your prayers and thoughts about us.

      Usually I tell people that by His grace I am still the same person. The only thing that has changed is that my feet cannot take me to where I want to go. That is what we are praying and waiting for. The Lord will bring this to pass in His own good time.

      Delete