Friday 30 December 2011

C O P SOLIDARITY AND FELLOWSHIP IN ACTION

"When Job's three friends, ... heard of all the troubles that had come upon him, they set out from their homes and met by agreement to go and sympathize with him and comfort him." (Job 2: 11 NIV)






Since my incapacitation, the love demonstrated to me by various church leaders, ministers and brethren from various churches is simply mind-boggling. This love has been variously expressed through unrelenting intercessory prayers on my behalf, telephone calls and visits to us here in Hamburg. These have been used by God to refresh, encourage, sustain, as well as spur me on the road to recovery. This is Christian fellowship, COP solidarity!

From the beginning of this month for example, we have enjoyed the visits of many.
The first to come was a delegation of Youth leaders from some European nations. They met in Hamburg to plan for their 2012 European Youth Conference in Germany and decided to pay a courtesy call on me.

The delegation of Youth National leaders in Europe in a pose with my wife and I. They were led by Pastor Daniel Ato Eduah, National Youth Leader of COP, Germany standing first from your left.

Visiting also in the first week of December was a 10-member high-powered delegation from COP, Holland.It comprised all the ministers, the "National President" of the church, National Deacon, a representative of Pastors' wives and national movements leaders.

They were sent by the National Head, Apostle Lord Agyin on behalf of the church in Holland to come and visit us, share fellowship, and express their best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthful New Year. This is something Apostle Agyin and the church in Holland have done for us every year since we arrived in Germany.

The delegation from COP, Holland. From L-R: Dns Ama Serwah Kyenkyenhene (Women's Movement National Leader), Elder Osei Yaw, (Witness Movement National Leader), Pastor Charles Amoah, Pastor Ben Ouedraogo, Elder P .K. Sasu ("National President"), Mrs Mavis Otchere, Pastor James Otchere, Elder George Asamoah (National Deacon), Pastors Emmanuel Ennin and Ray Ampofo
The Holland delegation in a pose with Martha, I and Apostle Yiadom, seated right
In the same first week of December we were blessed with the visit of Apostle N. A. O. Amegatcher, Director of Pentecost Men's Fellowship and his wife, Dorothy. They came along with their grandson, Daylin Apraku-Djan.
I won little Apraku-Djan's friendship when I offered him a ride in my electric wheelchair.
It was double blessing when in that same week Apostle Godwin Osei-Bonsu, COP Area Head for Ejisu-Konongo in the Ashanti Region of Ghana and Pastor Emmanuel Antwi of Asankare District also visited.
 
From L-R: Apostle Sampson Ofori Yiadom, COP National Head of Germany, Apostle G. Osei-Bonsu, Apostle N. A. O. Amegatcher, Mrs Dorothy Amegatcher, Mrs Martha Ntumy and Pastor Emmanuel Antwi standing behind me with Daylin Apraku-Djan on my laps

Following them in the third week of December was one of my closest colleagues, Apostle Albert Amoah, former General Secretary of COP (1993-2003). Apostle Amoah, now Area Head of Cape Coast Area in Ghana, was General Secretary during my first term in office as Chairman of COP.

Apostle Albert Amoah, Martha and I seated behind my work table


Apostle Albert Amoah with me in my standing machine
As 2011 draws to an end, it is my pleasant duty to express my unqualified gratitude to the millions of beloved brothers and sisters in Christ for your fervent prayer and moral support to both Martha and I. To the many who were able to visit us in Hamburg in 2011 and the years before, we are equally grateful.

We are still confident that our expectation for my recovery will not tarry. As you continue to bear me up in your prayers, it will happen; we shall rejoice together. Thank you very much.

2 comments:

  1. Thank God for your health Apostle. I have read your recent books;I was deeply informed on important issues I knew little about. I also noticed that my perception about God and His love for me (mankind in general) was put in proper perspective.
    I'm waiting for your next book to be publish Titled "What a God we serve?; the Lord great and mighty; the Lord Awesome in power". An exposition of God's authority and power over humankind and the world. If you publish it, I'd definitely read it, and if possible market it. Enjoy 2012, our year of Discipleship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chriss,
    Thank you very much for your comment. I am thankful to God for both the illumination and information you have acquired through the book. When I hear such comments, I rejoice, knowing that my sufferings have not been in vain.

    Yes, by the grace of God I have already started the next book. I will disclose the title to you later. May God continue to bless you.

    ReplyDelete