Wednesday 1 August 2012

TO LONDON AND BACK


London's iconic "Big Ben"

“What, Apostle Ntumy and family traveled to London and back? How could he possibly have done so in his present condition?” 

Well, I know you will be very eager to read this!

By the kind permission of the Chairman of The Church of Pentecost, my wife and I, together with Mike and Joanna, our youngest children, visited London from 2nd to 16th July, 2012 for a short vacation. 


For our dear Chairman and the International Missions Board the vacation in London will give us a change of environment with the refreshing that it brings. It will also enable me to push my boundaries and test my limits in many things.

Our check-in at the airport was very smooth. People needing assistance have their special counters. The Red Cross staff at the airport took care of me. We were the first to board and last to disembark on arrival. Flying was as good and pleasant as before.

L-R Elder Eric Mireku, his wife Ruth, Mrs Ntumy
 Daviana and Belinda Mireku, both in  top blue
An Elder of the church in London, Eric Mireku, 
volunteered to drive my car from Hamburg all the way to London. More than that, Elder Mireku took leave from his work to drive us for the entire two week period we were in London. He topped it up by driving the car back to Germany before returning to U. K. Such sacrificial acts are not very common these days. May the gracious LORD bless Eric and Ruth Mireku and their young family.


L-R Mrs Ntumy, Ap. N. O Nyarko, Mrs Helena Nyarko
Our stay in London was amazing. Apostle Newton Ofosuhene Nyarko (COP National Head of United Kingdom) and his team received us with open arms and hearts. They built wheelchair ramps to their living and dining rooms. Their care of us was simply fantastic.

Access to church was unhindered. They even provided a ramp to the platform, enabling me to join the leaders on the stage. I brought greetings and short exhortations to the various church services we attended. The joy of the saints was contagious and overflowing. While some wept for joy (and surely for sympathy as well), others jubilated, thanking God for His intervention in my life.

The visit also afforded me the opportunity of meeting some of my greatest friends in U.K. It was very heart-
warming to see how these great men of God made time and traveled for hours just to visit us in London.



L-R Mrs Ruth Currie and Mrs Martha Ntumy
With Rev and Mrs Currie. Mrs Ntumy in middle 





Pastor Robert Lionel Currie and his wife Ruth came all the way from Bridge Street Elim Pentecostal Church, Leeds, to visit. Pastor and Mrs. Currie were in Ghana as missionaries of Elim Pentecostal Church from 1984 to 1991 when he served as Principal of Pentecost Bible College. “Mama Ruth” as she was fondly called, taught English Language at the college. I was among the first batch of students they taught. His impact on my life and ministry is beyond description.  
With Rev and Mrs Waller. Mrs Ntumy in middle

Also coming to visit were Rev. and Mrs. Waller. Pastor John Waller and his wife Patricia took over from the Curries in 1991. “Mama Trish” as we loved to call her served as the first Administrative Secretary at the newly created International Missions Department while Pastor Waller later moved to the Internal Missions Department at the COP Headquarters. They returned home to U. K in 2002.









With Rev John Glass
With Rev Glass and some COP, UK leaders
Then came Rev. John Glass, General Superintendent of Elim Pentecostal Church. Rev. Glass, through the grace of God, has already made history as the longest serving General Superintendent of his church. He had already visited me two times in Hamburg and said he would not allow such an opportunity to visit me slip by. He is one of my very best friends who honored us by preaching the sermon at my farewell service in Accra at the end of my ten-year tenure of office as Chairman of COP in 2008. We spent that whole afternoon together.
Mike and Joanna at Buckingham Palace



It is very natural for people to test their limits and push the boundaries in any situation they find themselves. Can I do this? What would happen? How would I react? Is there a Plan B?, etc.

On the stage with the Officers of COP, U. K































Knowing the possibilities, those things which are challenging, difficult, or even impossible can help you act appropriately at any given time.

Leading a prayer time in church
Until my anticipated miracle  occurs, it is absolutely necessary for me to push the boundaries of my mobility and test the limits of my abilities. That was one of the main discoveries of this visit.

Joanna and Mike Ntumy
 I am eternally grateful to the Chairman of COP, Apostle Dr. Opoku Onyinah, the COP National Heads of Germany and U. K, Apostles Sampson Ofori Yiadom and Newton Ofosuhene Nyarko respectively, for the permission and all the logistics and arrangements put in place to make our first visit in almost four years such a refreshing and memorable one. Special thanks to the Area Heads, Pastors, other Officers and members of COP, U.K for the warm welcome accorded us and the wonderful camaraderie we enjoyed.


We give praise to our LORD God Almighty for His great grace which made everything possible. To you my beloved in Christ, thank you very much for your continuous prayer and moral support. Keep praying with me until the ultimate recovery takes place.


                                             MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL


L-R Pastor Kwesi Otoo, (Area Head, London Met.), Mrs Ntumy, Ap and Mrs Mensah (Oda, Ghana), Ap. Ato  Addison (Teshie- Nungua, Ghana), Pastor  Kwame Blankson Rtd, Ap. Newton Nyarko, National Head, COP, U. K

20 comments:

  1. I was really touched. I missed you man of God. My last contact with him was in early 2000s.when he came to dedicate the kumasi PIWC with Apostle Kodua,another powerful man with alot strength and voice, pastor Jimmy Macken.

    Apostle Ntumy,I wish you speedy recovery from this temporary situation in Jesus name. Remember this song "who report do you believe,we shall believe the report of the Lord" I wish you well.

    Charles kwame vigbedor,
    Pong-Tamale Assembly
    Northern Region,Ghana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really touched. I missed you man of God. My last contact with him was in early 2000s.when he came to dedicate the kumasi PIWC with Apostle Kodua,another powerful man with alot strength and voice, pastor Jimmy Macken.

    Apostle Ntumy,I wish you speedy recovery from this temporary situation in Jesus name. Remember this song "who report do you believe,we shall believe the report of the Lord" I wish you well.

    Charles kwame vigbedor,
    Pong-Tamale Assembly
    Northern Region,Ghana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pong Tamale was one of the Assemblies under me when I was District Pastor in Tamale in 1984/85. Now, by the grace of God, it is a Pastor's seat. Thank you, Charles, for your prayers and well-wishes.

      Delete
  3. I'M SO GRATEFUL TO OUR DEAR LORD FOR SEEING YOUR BLOG AND HOW YOUR SUBMITTING YOURSELF FOR THE KINGDOM BUSINESS. MAY HIS POWER AND GRACE CONTINUE TO BE WITH YOU.

    I WISH YOU SPEEDY RECOVERY, APOSTLE NTUMY.

    KWAME ANTWI
    PIWC TAMALE
    GHANA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks be to God. I started blogging exactly one year today. Like you, many others have expressed their gratitude to God for granting me the idea to communicate with precious people through blogging. Keep reading and inform others about it. Above all, remember to keep praying for me.

      Delete
  4. Never failed me yet. Never failed me yet. Jesus love has never failed yet. There's one thing that i know that where ever i go, Jesus has never failed me yet.

    And He's not about to ever do it.

    Stay in the Love and Power of God

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maame Serwah, for your encouragement. Surely, Jesus never fails. Whether in life or death; whether things go the "wrong way" or not; the love of Jesus is unfailing. Keep trusting; keep following. BLESSINGSH

      Delete
  5. May He who has began a good thing bring it to a successful end. we love but God loves you best and we are praying for you always.
    Elikem Peprah
    PIWC ATOMIC
    Accra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Elikem. Do not be troubled, God never leaves uncompleted whatever He started. He will definitely bring it to completion.

      Delete
  6. Wonderfull!! This is just the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good prophecy. It will surely come to pass. BLESSINGS

      Delete
  7. DADDY,
    OUR HEARTS ARE OVERFLOWING WITH JOY SEEING THE FAITHFULNESS OF OUR LORD. HE WHO HAS STARTED THIS GOOD WORK ON YOUR HEALTH WILL SURELY FINISH IT. FAITHFUL IS HE WHO HAS CALLED US.HE WILL NEVER ABANDON US. HE IS ALWAYS SURELY WITH US AND IN US. DADDY NO DOUBT ABOUT THIS. YOUR PRESENT CONDITION WILL SOON BE A HISTORY

    PS JOSEPH TIBIRU
    TUMU DISTRICT
    WA AREA

    ReplyDelete
  8. True, the acts of God today form tomorrow's history. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a prodigal daughter who has never stopped thinking about her daddy.
    its been a while since i spoke to my daddy but you and mummy's love has never departed from my heart.
    we always pray for you daddy we always do, and God always says "He is in control".
    pls forgive me for being a prodigal daughter.

    NYAME YE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you are not a "prodigal" daughter. You simply have not had the opportunity. Our prayers are with you. Please get in touch through my personal email.

      Delete
  10. AM HAPPY FOR WHAT I SAW AND I PRAY THAT YOUR NEXT TRIP TO UK AGAIAN YOU WILL GO ALONE WITHOUT ANYBODY PHYSICALLY ASSISTING YOU,YOU WILL STAND ON YOUR FEET TO PREACH A LONG SERMON AND NOT A SHORT EXHORTATION.

    AS A DISTRICT PRAYER WARRIORS SECRETARY FOR LA,WE NORMALLY MEET EVERY TWO WEEKS TO PRAY AND ONE OF OUR TARGET IS TO PRAY FOR YOUR SPEEDLY RECOVERY.WE KNOWN THAT THE GOOD GOD WILL ONE DAY ANSWER OUR PRAYERS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Dan, it will come to pass as you have said. Thanks for your prayers. My appreciation goes to you and the Prayer Warriors of LA Area.

      Delete
  11. You are an inspiration to us all. It was wonderful to meet up with you, Martha, Mike and Joana. Trust we can do it again very soon.
    Praying,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama Trish, thank you very much. You and John have always been a blessing to us. Our meeting in London was wonderful. May the LORD open the way for more of such meetings.

      Delete
  12. I will like to throw my solidarity in Spirit with you as you go through a Moment of declaring the glory of the Lord God Almighty in you life, whichever and whatever- all to the glory of God, it is well Apostle, AMEN. Greetings from Ghana

    ReplyDelete