Saturday 17 December 2011

WORK AND WORK AND MORE WORK

"Physical exercise has some value, but spiritual exercise is valuable in every way, because it promises life both for the present and the future. This is a true saying, to be completely accepted and believed."(1Tim. 4:8,9 GNT)
Usually when most people are indisposed they are told to take a rest from much physical activity. Getting rested aides the process of recuperation, and is definitely good advice. It is however very interesting to note that in the case of paralysis, the advice is the contrary. You are advised to work and work. That is what I am doing now. The doctors refer to this phase of my recovery as, "Use it or lose it". It implies that if one does not use a part of the body that recovers, one stands the risk of perpetually losing it.It therefore calls for more work; hard training.
In a Physiotherapy session with my therapists

I
In a "Step and Push" session with my Physiotherapist.
In a "Grabbing" session with my Occupational/Ergo therapist
In addition to my usual Physiotherapy and Ergo therapy sessions, I undertake a number of physical exercises at home. I am told to work and work.

Pastor Osahene Amankwatia Boateng helping me to ride my static cycle at home
 Pastor Osahene Amankwatia Boateng of our Hamburg North District helps me to do my Static Cycling, Weight-Pulling and Nocturnal  Gymnastics.
Doing weight pulling at home. Helping me is Pastor Amankwatia Boateng

Doing "Johnny-Walking" at home on my standing machine. Helping me is Elder Owusu-Gyimah of Hamburg/Kumasi New Tafo Area, a Businessman
Pastor Frempong Boateng of our Hamburg South District helps with my Standing and Johnny-Walking sessions.
Beginning usually around 4.00pm with the standing session, my home exercises roll until about 10.00pm, with only a pause for supper, before I prepare to retire for the night. It is hard work. It recently occurred to me that a lazy person cannot afford to be paralyzed.

Well, engaging in both physical and spiritual exercises is our part of the bargain. The actual healing and recovery come from the LORD. That is what we are waiting for. Surely, He will bring it to pass.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dad,

    I thank God for giving you to myself and Randy, we are so proud of you.

    This afternoon you made the young pastor's day cos he never imagined that he will ever talk to you. God bless you for blessing him. he is indeed a blessing to us.

    Dad do you know that you have left footprints in alot of lives? If you don't know then i'm telling you today you are in a lot of hearts. The very old, the old, the middle aged, the youth and children.

    You are indeed a giant in the name of Jesus and your creator is proud of you like He was with Abraham.

    Flamingo boy, you will live so many years and will be stronger that all in your generation.

    We thank God for allowing yourself to be used in such a tremendous way during your term as the chairman of the Church Of Pentecost. We will again say you left footprints.


    We all at Glory heights salute The Man Of God who played the greatest part in giving us what we have doing today.

    I want to say may the Lord cover you like the eagle covers its eaglets. May you run in the name of Jesus.

    Dad tell mum that we love her so much for loving our dad. god richly bless you. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sue,
    You see what God can use any surrendered life to do! When someone sets out to make a name for himself, that could be a trap for him. But when someone sets out to please God by being a blessing to his fellow men, he becomes a part of their life. That is one of the privileges God has given us, and we are most grateful to Him.
    We pray to be able to serve God more by serving our fellow men more and more. May God continue to bless you and your dedicated staff at GLORY HEIGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dad,

    Thank you very much for all you've contributed in our lives.

    God richly bless you. We will forever be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sue,
    You and your dear husband Randy have contributed so much to other people and it is no surprise God is blessing you in such spectacular ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My name is Abigail Essel.I am 23 years old. I want to thank you for the impact you have made in my life...i love you so much that I can't express it...as a child I never wanted to miss your ministration and will beg my parents to take me to church or edumfa when I get information that you are coming....at 10 years old my dad bought three of you books for me and I never got tired of reading them over and over again....i wish I could see you again and the first thing I will do is to hug you and tell how much your ministry means to me even though I was young.. May God bless you daddy

      Delete