Monday 25 June 2012

FROM ENGLAND WITH EAGERNESS



A family walk in our nearby forest.
We are amazed at how after three years in my present condition, many congregations and individual believers have sustained their passionate intercessory prayers for me. During special prayer conferences, All-night prayer meetings, regular church services and other church gatherings, prayers are offered for me. Individuals spend various amounts of time fasting and praying for us. Besides, very many people frequently telephone or email us to find out how we are faring and to encourage us.
 
We are eternally grateful. In fact we do not take these expressions of love for granted. Rather we reckon them as part of God’s manifold gifts to us as we travel this phase of our life.

Besides, the LORD continues to bless us through the visits of brethren from across the world. They come with one mission: “We have been praying for you with all our hearts but, in addition, we have desired to pay you a visit to see how you are faring”


Bro. Emmanuel Ansah and his children, Aseda (left) and Kweku (right) flanking me.

The latest to visit us were Bro. Emmanuel Ansah and his two children from Manchester (7th June, 2012) and Deaconess Joana Kofi-Sikah from London (11th-14th June, 2012). 

Bro. Ansah is part of a group of members who regularly meet for intercessory prayers in the Manchester local assembly. They have been praying very intensively for me and, taking advantage of a visit to Continental Europe, he decided to visit me with his two children, Adjoa Aseda and Kweku Kumi, on behalf of his colleagues. 


Dns Joana Kofi-Sikah with me in the standing machine
Dn Emmanuel Ntumy, Dns Kofi-Sikah, and Elder Moses Atuahene Dofuor, my cousin who is on a short visit from Ghana, standing around me.

Deaconess Joana Kofi-Sikah from Croydon Assembly on the other hand is a retired banker and certificated Fund-raiser. She has been a member of The Church of Pentecost for 55 years now. She is a passionate intercessor whose prayers reach out to many. She came in the company of Deacon Emmanuel Ntumy, our eldest son.

Dn. Emmanuel Ntumy, our eldest son

Their prayer passion was very contagious as we spent quality time together in prayer late into the night. We prayed and prayed. They interceded; we supplicated for my healing, trusting God to bring about my recovery, sooner or later.


Martha and I beside a pool in a nearby forest. The LORD stills our souls in the tempests of life.

 One observation which keeps striking me in the face is this: Though, humanly speaking, I bear the pains and traumas of paralysis alone in my body, hundreds of thousands of beloved brothers and sisters in Christ across the globe, bear me up in their hearts and minds before the Throne of Grace---everyday---making my road less hard to travel. To such, we are eternally grateful. 

  
 

5 comments:

  1. Daddy I am so grateful to the Almighty God for what He has done in your life. Your life in fact motivates me so much in my Christian life. I pray that God will make you enjoy your life to the fullest in His glory. But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. And they that know their God, shall strengthen themselves and will do exploit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Owureku,

      Great is the LORD and great indeed are the mighty things He has done in my life. It is a humbling experience to know that thousands across the world find inspiration and solace from what I am going through.

      The LORD continues to give grace to endure, to go through and eventually, to be healed. Blessed be His Name!

      Delete
  2. THE GOD OF ALL PEACE IS WITH YOU DAD. HE IS GOD, OUR HEALER.
    WE KNOW THAT THIS GOD OUR FATHERS HAVE SERVED IN AGES PAST AND WE HAVE EXPERIENCED TODAY, IS AN UNCHANGING GOD. MAY HIS UNCEASING PRESENCE ABIDE WITH YOU AND I KNOW THAT GOD IS FAITHFUL AND HE IS BRINGING A SPEEDY HEALING AND RECOVERY.

    BOUNDLESS LOVE DAD

    ERNEST NANA ADJEI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN AND AMEN. Nana, thank you very much for your prayers and words of encouragement. We shall celebrate together at the marvelous miraculous intervention He brings my way.

      Delete
  3. You are a blessed servant and a testimony will be remembered for generations for what you are going through. The Bible say, in all things give thanks. I used to search and put reasons to your situation, but have stop with my earlier Bible message (In all things give Thanks). My encouragement is never give up in thanking God, do not question why this situation but just rejoice as we know He is in control as in Rom. 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose".I will advise you put a picture on facebook and communicate more over there by creating a page. It will help. God bless you, Mama and all the kids.
    Dcn. John, Takoradi.

    ReplyDelete