Tuesday 11 October 2011

"A BOOK THAT BLESSES, CHALLENGES, AND CAUSES YOU TO PRAISE OUR GREAT GOD..."

In this edition of my blog publication, I  publish a letter  received from Pastor Robert Lionel Currie, Senior Pastor of Bridge Street Pentecostal Church, Leeds, U. K.  Pastor Currie was my Bible College Principal in Accra, Ghana in 1984. Thereafter, I have always considered him one of my spiritual fathers and mentors. I affectionately call his wife "Mama Ruth"

Pastor Robert Lionel Currie

I publish it not because I consider it complimentary, but principally because there is much to be learnt from it.
Now read on and discover for yourself.


Dear Michael,
Greetings in the precious Name of Jesus to you, Martha and all the family!
We were away last weekend celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, and on our return found your new book waiting for us.
Pastor R. L Currie and his wife, Ruth.
We really appreciate you sending a copy to us.
As the current Chairman said in his foreword - "once started, you will be compelled to read right through".
That is exactly what I did yesterday and now Ruth has started reading it.
Knowing the author of a book always makes a difference when reading it.
It is a vivid reflection of that man that you are in God.
It is a book that blesses, challenges, and above all, causes you to praise our great God who has sustained you, strengthened you and kept you for His further purposes.
I found it deeply moving to read all you have been through, and through it all your faith has grown stronger.
I also believe that it will help many "theorists" who have written about healing because it comes from one who is writing from personal experience.
It brings a much needed balance to so much teaching that is out there in the Church today.
It will not only serve as a correction, but give much hope to those who are still waiting on God for their healing.
I found myself saying "Amen" over and over again as I read it.
And what can one say about your dear "Lady" Martha!
She is a spiritual heroine par excellence.
Mrs Martha Ntumy, cool and collected, in a part of our living room
You both need your names inserting in Hebrews 11.
When God brought you together He alone knew how much you would need such a woman of faith for such a time as this.
It's 29 years now since the LORD brought us together in marriage. Much has been accomplished through the grace of God; much more remains to be done.
There must be such a sense of anticipation as to what the Lord has in store for you.
We continue to stand with you in prayer believing, as we so often saw on the mammy lorries in Ghana, that "God's time is the best".
This comes to you with much love and our gratitude to God for bringing you into our lives.
Please convey our love to Martha and the children.


May the fulness of heaven's blessings be yours in Christ Jesus,
Lionel and Ruth

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with everything Pastor Currie has written. I too am reading through the book and am both inspired and challenged!
    God bless you.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete