Wednesday 15 February 2012

THEY REJOICED AT SEEING ME

"I have thought it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus my brother and fellow soldier ...for he has been longing for you all and has been distressed because you heard that he was ill. Indeed he was ill, near to death. But God had mercy on him, and ...on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow. I am the more eager to send him, therefore, that you may rejoice at seeing him again ..." (Phil. 2:25-28 ESV)

Returning from a routine medical check-up on a cold winter morning. Thanking God for how far He has brought me; looking ahead with confidence into the future because Jesus is in control of affairs.
The brethren in the city of Philippi had heard their beloved brother called Epaphroditus was indisposed. Apart from taking an active part in the preaching of the gospel, he also volunteered to serve as Paul's personal attendant. Combining these two roles eventually weighed down on this young man, nearly dying of overwork (Phil. 2:3). God had mercy on him and healed him. Knowing that the believers, out of love and concern, prayed for him, he was determined to literally show himself to them as proof indeed that he was well, to settle their anxiety and make them happy. Paul, knowing this also, graciously included Epaphroditus on a delegation he had sent to Philippi. Paul's principal reason was to cause the brethren in Philippi to rejoice, be happy at seeing Epaphroditus alive...in answer to their prayers.

My life and my recovery are the direct results of your fervent prayers. Through them, God has had mercy on me and has kept me alive. I am sure that when you see me, you will greatly rejoice and praise the LORD.

Surely when God lifts me up, I shall have a marathon to run. I shall, by the grace of God and the permission of the leadership of our church, crisscross the globe to testify of what the LORD has done. And when you see me you will rejoice greatly.

Even as we await that time, those who are able to visit me in Germany express great joy and burst into prayer of praise to God for what He has done. They compare how they see me now to the many diverse impressions they had formed about my condition, based on what they had heard about me.


Last week we were blessed to receive the visits of three groups. The first to come was my sister, Deaconess Dorcas Nti.
My sister, Mrs Dorcas Nti standing gorgeously behind me. Her broad smile tells it all
Dorcas is a businesswoman based in Accra and shuttles between Accra and New York. She visited between 8th and 12th February, 2012. Having visited us previously in 2009, she was all cheers when she came around this time.
I showed Dorcas some of my home therapy machines. Here, she takes a look at my static riding machine.

I showed her some of the therapies I undertake at home and like most visitors, she tried her hands on my pulling exercises.


Dorcas trying her hands on my elastic pulling ropes for the strengthening of my thorax. 


  Next to visit on Sunday 12th February, 2012 was Elder Matthew Nkansah, his wife Mary and their four year old son, Boaz whom I christened when I was in Ghana.

Elder Matthew Nkansah, his wife Mary and young Boaz reclining on my laps
   Elder Nkansah is also a businessman based in Accra, Ghana. He came to Germany for business promotion seminars and took time off his program to visit us and attend church service with us.
Rev Clement Anchaba and his wife Roseline (on your left), in a pose with Martha and I.
  Next to visit on 13th February was Rev Clement Anchaba, General Overseer of Fountain Gate Chapel based in Accra, and his wife Roseline. Rev Anchaba who took over from the renowned founder of their church, Rev Eastwood Anaba, came to Germany to hold a conference of their ministers in Europe. He was very determined to see me before returning to Ghana. They were very pleased when they saw me. Like the others, Rev Anchaba and his wife could not restrain the outpouring of their praise to God.
I am still awaiting my ultimate recovery. I trust that as you continue to pray for me, the LORD will soon bring it to pass. Nevertheless, when you see me, I know you too will rejoice.


21 comments:

  1. Daddy,I for one praise the Lord for your life,for your strength to face each passing day,for your faith,and of course,your recovery.Knowing full well these things positively influence we the upcoming ones.May the good Lord,from up high continue to bless you more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Isaac,
    Thanks for your words of encouragement and fervent prayers on my behalf. A servant of God always serves as an example of faith for the flock; faith for healing, or faith to endure until the appointed time. I thank God for both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DEAR APOSTLE NTUMY,GOD BLESS YOU SO MUCH.I THANK GOD FOR YOUR LIFE AND FAITH.YOU HAVE BEEN OF TREMENDOUS BLESSING TO THE BODY OF CHRIST AND ESPECIALLY TO MY LIFE AS WELL.I BELIEVE THAT YOUR MANDATE HAS NOT ENDED AND THAT THE GOD WHO HAS STARTED A GOOD WORK IN YOU WILL ALSO COMPLETE IT.WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU AND BELIEVE THAT GOD WILL RAISE YOU AND MAKE YOU AN EPITOME OF FAITH,HOPE AND TESTIMONY TO THE BODY OF CHRIST.YOUR UNFLINCHING FAITH DAZZLES ALL OF US.I ALWAYS SAY THAT YOU ARE THE "PAUL" OF YOUR GENERATION HAVING SUFFERED GREAT AFFLICTION FOR THE GOSPEL AND YET NOT UNDAUNTED.I STARTED FOLLOWING YOUR LIFE AND MINISTRY WHEN I READ YOUR BOOK"FLAMINGO,THE CAMP OF NO RETURN" YEARS BACK.THE BOOK IS STILL A BLESSING TO ME.I STILL WENT AHEAD TO READ YOUR AUTOBIOGRAPHY"COMING WITH FIRE" WHICH IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE BOOKS.IN THE BOOK YOU MADE A STATEMENT THAT"GOD KNOWS HOW TO BRING THINGS TO PASS IN OUR LIVES".THAT STATEMENT IS STILL A BLESSING TO ME TODAY.I ALSO THANK GOD FOR YOUR DEAR WIFE MARTHA,WHO HAS STOOD BY YOU ALL THIS WHILE.I NOW KNOW WHY GOD GAVE HER TO YOU AS YOU TOLD US IN THE BOOK"COMING WITH FIRE".ANYTIME,I REMEMBER THE DREAM YOU HAD IN WHICH YOU WERE ATTACKED BY SOMEBODY AND HOW MARTHA CAME AND SAID"WHY ARE YOU BEATING MY HUSBAND" AND HELPED YOU TO FREE YOUR SELF FROM THE ATTACK,I PRAISE GOD.NO WONDER THE OTHER LADY(THE NURSE)SAW YOU AND PASSED BY.SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN A BAD WIFE AND LEFT YOU LONG AGO.INDEED,GOD GAVE YOU YOUR WIFE.I ALWAYS SHARE THIS STORY WITH MY FRIENDS.YOU ALSO TOLD A STORY OF HOW YOU HAD TO EAT A SNAKE BECAUSE YOU TOLD YOUR MEMBERS THAT PRAYER SANCTIFIES ALL THINGS.I THANK GOD FOR YOUR LIFE.AS A YOUNG MAN WHO HAS THE CALL OF GOD UPON MY LIFE AND DESIRE TO PREACH ALL MY DAYS,I TAKE GREAT COURAGE AND INSPIRATION FROM YOU,YOU DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA SIR,WHAT A BLESSING YOU ARE TO ME.I PRAY THAT GOD RAISES YOU,I CEASE NOT TO PRAY FOR YOU,I ALSO ASK MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK TO PRAY FOR YOU,I ALSO POST YOUR UPDATES ON MY FACEBOOK WALL TO LET PEOPLE KNOW WHAT GOD IS DOING I YOUR LIFE.YOU ARE AMONG THE 8 PEOPLE I WANT TO MEET ONE ON ONE IN MY LIFETIME,I BELIEVE GOD WILL GRANT THE GRACE AND THE WAY.YOUR HUMILITY AMAZES ALL OF US SIR,YOU MAY NOT REMEMBER THIS,BUT ONE DAY AT THE VIP SECTION OF THE KOTOKA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT,I APPROACHED YOU TO PRAY FOR ME,YOU DID NOT HESITATE AND EVEN THOUGH YOU DID NOT KNOW ME,YOU LAID YOUR HANDS ON MY HEAD AND PRAYED FOR ME.I REMEMBER THE PRAYER YOU PRAYED.YOU SAID'MAY GOD GRANT YOU ALL THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART'.I KNOW THAT BY YOUR PRAYER AND LAYING ON OF HANDS,YOU DEPOSITED A GOOD SEED INTO MY LIFE AND MINISTRY.GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU SIR.I PRAY THAT GOD HEALS YOU,RAISES YOU AND RESTORE YOU TO HEALTH AS IN JEREMIAH 33:7.MAY YOU SEE THE GOODNESS OF THE LORD IN THE LAND OF THE LIVING,MAY GOD MAKE YOU A LIVING TESTIMONY AND LIVING PROOF TO ALL OF US.WE WAIT FOR THE DAY GOD WILL RAISE YOU.I ALSO CEASE NOT TO THANK GOD FOR YOUR WONDERFUL FAMILY ESPECIALLY WIFE MARTHA WHO I HOPE TO MEET ONE DAY.MAY GOD DO FOR YOU WHAT NO DOCTOR NOR THERAPY MACHINE CAN DO.MAY HE RAISE YOU UP AND BLESS YOU ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE.WE SEE YOU YOU RISE I JESUS NAME.MAY YOUR GOD BE TO YOUR DEFENSE,GLORY AND LIFTING IN THE NAME OF JESUS.PRAYING WITH YOU SIR. YOURS, GABRIEL ANTWI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bro Antwi,
      I must first apologize for not responding to your powerful comment until now. I do not know how it escaped me.

      But now what shall I say? You have drawn life lessons from my humble past and applied them appropriately to your own circumstances. You have seen beyond my present situation and brought a seasoned word of encouragement. You wrapped it all up with a powerful prayer to which I seal with my faith to say, "AMEN"

      May the LORD richly bless you and make it possible for us to meet. I also enjoy your style of writing. You said it very well everything that you said. Keep it up. BLESSINGS. PS Have you had a copy of my book, NO EASY ROAD?

      Delete
  4. I'm all teary, not out of pity but grateful to God for keeping you strong and healthy. I will continue to say a little prayer for you anytime. keep the spirit burning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sis. Okai,
      Indeed, the LORD has done great things for us. Surely, HE will continue to do exploits for us. Keep on praying for it will amaze you what "little" prayers can do... for it is the mustard seed type of faith that moves mountains.

      Delete
  5. May the Good Lord see you through these period and may he grant you the grace to overcome this predicament. Though we may sometimes give you sweet messages to keep you alive, what we need to do most is to pray for your upkeep and healing. I pray that you should be healed in the name of Jesus. Expect one of the greatest miracle in your loife that what happened to you and was saved in all the areas tha you visited will once again happen in your life at wherever you are. he is a faiithful God. "Will these bones live again" , I know you have a more in-depth message concerning this scripture than I may write, so what Iam saying to your defect bone is it will and shall be normal again as commanded by the Lord in your Life. Get well in Jesus' Name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bro. Stan,
      To your powerful prophetic declaration,I say, "AMEN"
      Surely, the expectation of the righteous shall not be cut off. God bless you.

      Delete
  6. Papa, I pray for you: O that the forces of healing will begin to engage the agents of weakness. Let your flesh collide with heaven's vitality. Let your spirit be flooded with the ZOE life from God. I ask the Father of GLORY to apply on your flesh the Balm of Gilead and cause you to rise up!!!

    Elder osafo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A-M-E-N AND A-M-E-N.

      May God richly bless you for your fervent prayer support.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings to you and the family in Christ Jesus name.I hope you are doing extremely well like always.
    I thank God for your life Apostle.i have gone through many challenges in this life and sometimes lose hope but after reading your books especially "NO EASY ROAD" and your comments in interviews i said to myself me also i can live.
    I believe the rest of your is dedicated to the Glory of God,but it is also dedicate in a practical way people who are weary in life,suffering and going through things they dont understand.
    When Apostle Paul wrote "Nothing shall separate us from the love of God" he added perils,death.
    Papa,you are a SYMBOL OF INSPIRATION and i pray that God will continue to lift you up to the place He has for you.We are all behind you and keeps on praying for you.
    Continue keeping the faith because a CROWN is awaiting u,we love u Papa and may God bless you also for the good work done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beloved Brother Amoako,
      Your comment made my day: "...after reading your books...I said to myself, me also I can live."

      If my story has been used of God to bring back somebody's will to live, then may God be glorified.

      May many more who "are weary in life, suffering and going through things they don't understand" plug up courage and continue to live and serve Christ Jesus in a progressive manner.

      God bless you, Brother.

      Delete
  9. Papa,
    Our Lord is Sovereign and powerful. We have never stopped praying for you and we know that Jesus Christ will heal you completely in His time for a sign and to make you a wonder in the eyes of men.

    Please just as God renew the strength of the eagle at certain stage of its life, so is the Lord through this is preparing you for another supernatural Leadership that shall have direct impact on the souls around the globe. You will soon see the Glory of the Lord...Amen

    Elder Stephen Amoako


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Elder Amoako,

      I know without a shred of doubt that there is a reason behind it all. Yes, the latter level of impact that the LORD will use me to create will be far greater than the former. Thank you for your prayers and support.

      Delete
  10. In deed, we have fathers we can look up to in any situation we may find ourselves. I can see from the very words you typed a ''word of joy'' as the characters[keys] smiles when they were entered to form words. I now have much enlightenment to this very verse, ''count it all joy when you go through diverse trials''. You may no know the lives that you faith is reaching out to every second of your live, for i want you to know that 'I am one of such persons''. Surely, as Paul rightly did and as explained in your teachings above, the Lord will grant it unto us that you will upon approval from the leadership travel across the globe to show yourself to ignite this joy inside us.

    ...''Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.....''
    Daddy, this I believe this is the transformation that the Lord Himself is taking you through. To raise up a temple inside of you not with an human hands, for His glory to be seen so that our joy will be complete.
    Lord your name alone be praise for the good works done in Your servants life.
    Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bennet,
      Wonderful! Smiling words. I can feel your heart beating with passion as I read your comment.

      Words like these are very uplifting and help to brighten my journey as I traverse this phase of my life. May the LORD make many take encouragement from what I am going through and enable them draw strength for their onward journeys in Christ. THANK YOU FOR YOUR MASSIVE SUPPORHT

      Delete
  11. Dear Apostle M.K. I am happy for hearing that you are now doing very well. I read your book "Autobiography of Ap. Michael Ntumy and was greatly moved by you life experiences. That was just September, 2012. I had been wandering where you were now until I made a search on the Internet to day and I am hearing much about you. I thank the Father greatly for His grace, mercies and love for us all. You have been an example and my mentor. For this reason, I had been following every information about you. Thank God that I also have the opportunity share in your joy. I am the former Bible Centre secretary at Madina, with Pastor Lionel Currie Accra-Ghana. We used to have Bible lessons with you when you were on the Course during 1984, New Entrants. The Lord continue to encourage you. AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gladys Tandoh
    Papa may the Lord God bless you all the days of your life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gladys and in turn, may you experience His blessings in all things and at all times.

      Delete
  13. Très Cher Apôtre et père, nous sommes heureux de découvrir votre blog et avoir des images de vous. Pour nous cela est une immense joie et une immense fierté. Vous resterez pour nous un modèle de serviteur de Dieu à imiter. Nous ne cessons de nous abreuver de vos enseignements et de nous souvenir de vos conseils. Notre prière est que le Bon Dieu vous rétablisse et vous garde avec nous aussi longtemps que possible.

    Je suis le Pasteur CHRISTIAN KOUAME YAO Directeur de la Jeunesse de l'Eglise de Pentecôte internationale de Côte d'Ivoire

    ReplyDelete